Water @ Wilson: 50 Years of Water, Conflict, and Cooperation
As the Wilson Center celebrates its 50th anniversary, the Environmental Change and Security Program marks water’s central role in its work at a special event highlighting innovative approaches to water, health, and security.
A rapidly changing climate and shifting demographics means the future of water resource management may not look like the past:
- What is the new face of water conflicts?
- Where are the opportunities to secure access to water and create more resilient communities?
- How can we protect our oceans from pollution and conflict?
- What are governments doing to elevate the importance of water security?
Join in on November 28th to take stock on the 1st year of the 1st U.S. Global Water Strategy; explore new research and practice on water, peace, and conflict; and highlight the centrality of water to global prosperity.
- Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) (Invited)
- The Honorable Jane Harman, Director, President, and CEO, Wilson Center
- Syed Imran Ali, Fellow in Global Health & Humanitarianism, Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research, York University
- Cynthia Brady, Senior Conflict and Peacebuilding Advisor, Center for Resilience, U.S. Agency for International Development (Invited)
- Ken Conca, Professor of International Affairs, American University
- Geoff Dabelko, Senior Advisor, Environmental Change & Security Program, Wilson Center; Professor and Director of Environmental Studies, Ohio University
- Judith Garber, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oceans, Environment and Science, U.S. Department of State (Invited)
- Sherri Goodman, Senior Fellow, Environmental Change & Security Program, Wilson Center
- Melissa Ho, Vice President, Fresh Water, World Wildlife Fund
- Rebecca Karnak, Senior Director, Global Public Policy, Dell
- Richard Matthew, Associate Dean of Research and International Programs, University of California, Irvine
- John Matthews, Lead and Co-Founder, Alliance for Global Water Adaptation
- Scott Moore, Senior Fellow, Kleinman Center for Energy Policy, University of Pennsylvania
- John Parker, Deputy Director, Sustainable Water Partnership (Tetra Tech)
- James Peters, Deputy Assistant Administrator and Acting Global Water Coordinator, Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3), U.S. Agency for International Development (Invited)
- Lauren Risi, Project Director, Environmental Change & Security Program, Wilson Center
- Mike Sfraga, Director, Global Sustainability and Resilience Program and Polar Initiative, Wilson Center
- Janani Vivekananda, Senior Project Manager, adelphi
- Deirdre Warner-Kramer, Acting Deputy Director, Office of Marine Conservation, U.S. Department of State
- Gary White, CEO and Co-Founder, water.org (Invited)
- Aaron Wolf, Professor of Geography, Oregon State University
For more Information about the event and the speakers go here.