ECC Exhibition in Mexico
These environmental pressures are threatening the essential resources – fertile land and fresh water – that we all depend on, increasing poverty and damaging livelihoods for millions of people. These impacts also heighten tensions between groups, fuelling political and economic instability and exacerbating conflict. In turn, instability can make it hard to manage natural resources sustainably, creating a downward spiral – which is especially dangerous for already fragile countries. The ECC Exhibition thus poses three main questions:
- How will increased environmental pressures affect peace and security?
- How does a changing climate threaten lives and livelihoods?
- How can we build resilience to environmental change?
29 April, 10:00 - 14:00
Palacio Legislativo de San Lázaro (Patio Sur, Edificio A); El Parque 15960, Mexico-City
Organised by the Chamber of Deputies | LXIV Legislature, the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs, adelphi and GFLAC.
Supported by the German Federal Foreign Office
In collaboration with: Alafita y Asociados, CEGAM, CEMDA, Climate Transparency, Energia y Ecologia Integral, Green Momentum, Heinrich Böll Stiftung, IBERO, ICM, Instituto Matias Romero - Museo de Cancilleria, Polea y SustenTur.
Dates and Venues in Mexico City
- 29 April - 3 May: ECC Exhibition Palacio Legislativo de San Lázaro (Patio Sur, Edificio A); El Parque 15960
- 6-17 May: Universidad Iberoamericana, accompanied by an expert panel and debate excercise with the students, Prolongacion Paseo de la Reforma 880
- 20 May - 7 June: SEMARNAT - Secreteriat of Environment and Natural Resources, Av. Ejército Nacional 223
- 10-22 June: Museo de la Cancillería, República del Salvador 47
Explore the online version of the ECC exhibition on our platform!