Engaging Conflict Summer School
The Engaging Conflict Summer School addresses three core questions:
1. What is conflict?
- Conflict as a concept
- Conflict as a discourse
- Theoretical approaches to conflict and violence
- Actors and methods of conflict
2. How does conflict work?
- Causes of conflict
- Political economy of conflict
- Conflict dynamics and impacts
- Local experiences of conflict – and of peace
- Transnational dimension of conflict
3. How can we respond to conflict?
- Early warning and conflict prevention
- Mediation, negotiation and third-party involvement
- Peacebuilding and development
- Disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration
- Post-conflict reconstruction
This description was excerpted from engagingconflict.it.