Gulf Hydrogen Horizons: Why Are Gulf Oil and Gas Producers so Keen on Hydrogen?
5 December 2022, 16:00-17:00 CET
The event begins with a presentation from Prof. Dr. Natalie Koch, whose recent IASS Discussion Paper, “Gulf hydrogen horizons,” poses the question of why the GCC’s political and corporate leaders are keen on promoting hydrogen energy systems in the region, and how this fits with the Germany governments recent effort to promote hydrogen energy systems internationally. Discussants Prof. Dr. Eckart Woertz, Dr. Cinzia Bianco, Dr. Dawud Ansari, and Dr. Benjamin Schütze draw on their expertise in the Middle East and energy geopolitics to raise further questions about the future of hydrogen energy development in Europe and beyond.
- Prof. Dr. Natalie Koch, Professor of Human Geography, Heidelberg University
- Prof. Dr. Eckart Woertz, Director of Institute for Middle East Studies, German Institute for Global and Area Studies
- Dr. Cinzia Bianco, Visiting Fellow, European Council on Foreign Relations
- Dr. Dawud Ansari, Researcher, German Institute for International and Security Affairs; Director, Energy Access and Development Program
- Dr. Benjamin Schütze, Head of Emmy Noether Research Group, Arnold-Bergstraesser-Institute; Member of Young Academy for Sustainability Research, Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dr. Rainer Quitzow, Lead Energy Research Group, Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies, Potsdam
This description was excerpted from giga-hamburg.de.