Regional responses to sustaining peace in a changing climate | Closing session BCSC 2021
Through a moderated conversation, the panellists shared concrete examples of what their respective institutions are doing to advance peace and tackle climate-related security risks through comprehensive, multidimensional security and peace-oriented approaches.
This closing session of the BCSC aimed to give actors from the security, peacebuilding, and foreign policy sphere an opportunity to exchange, identify common challenges, develop and discuss solutions, create synergies, and present the multiple ways in which they address and tackle climate-related security risks. It was be co-hosted by the OSCE and adelphi.
- Hinrich Thölken, Director Climate and Energy Policy and Digital Transformation, German Federal Foreign Office
- Helga Maria Schmid, Secretary General, OSCE
- Robert Mardini, Director-General, ICRC
- General Robert Kariuki Kibochi, Chief of the Defence Forces, Kenya
- Sinéad Walsh, Ireland’s Climate Envoy & Deputy Director General of Development Cooperation and Africa Division, Department of Foreign Affairs, Ireland
- Niels Annen, Minister of State, German Federal Foreign Office