Climate change is not only one of the greatest global challenges, but also gives the German Federal Foreign Office the opportunity in the area of foreign policy to support other countries and international organisations in dealing with the impact of climate change and in the transformation towards a climate-neutral economy.
This report sees six future challenges and fields of action for a preventive climate diplomacy.
- Pressing for the implementation of the Paris Agreement.
- Climate and security: Climate change as a threat to peace and stability.
- Stabilisation, post-conflict peacebuilding and humanitarian assistance.
- Climate, population growth and migration.
- Geopolitical changes due to climate change.
- Further fields for a comprehensive climate diplomacy.
[This description was taken from the Federal Foreign Office Climate Diplomacy Report.]