Introduction to Climate and Environmental Security in Peace Operations
1 November - 4 November 2022
The course deals with the concrete impacts of climate change and environmental degradation on relevant conflict dynamics and how a mission could potentially address them.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- understand and describe the links between climate change, environment, peace and security
- reflect on their mission mandate and their role using a climate security lens
- apply different methodologies, techniques and tools to analyze climate-related risks and identify entry points
- integrate different perspectives into analysis and planning
- identify programming gaps/actions points and further training needs
This description was excerpted from zif-berlin.org.