Can the Green Deal boost EU-African Union relations and economies?
15 February 2022, 15:00-16:30 CET
Key questions for the event:
- Is the EU Green Deal a threat or an opportunity for the African countries?
- How can the two continents mutually benefit from cooperating on the Green Deal?
- How can African countries contribute to the global transition to climate neutrality with the help of the Green Deal?
- Can the EU become the African states’ main partner and sideline competitors like China?
- Can EU-AU cooperation come close to ‘a fair partnership of equals’?
- What is the potential impact of Europe’s Green Deal policies like the carbon border adjustment mechanism (CBAM) on African countries?
This description was excerpted from cleanenergywire.org.