This report is part of a “Briefer Series” derived from the World Climate and Security Report 2020. It articulates six main points:
- Addressing the root causes of climate change should be a security priority for the region.
- Climate change should be higher on the regional security agenda.
- Climate change is worsening underlying security tensions in the region.
- Many security dynamics in the region are highly sensitive to climate change.
- Foreseeable security challenges related to climate change underlie a regional ‘Responsibility to Prepare and Prevent’.
- Better coordination between security communities is critical for combatting climate-related security threats.
[This description was taken from the report’s homepage.]