The report has six key findings:
- Climate threats could intensify regional inter-state military competition and conflict
- Climate-induced migration will be a major conflict driver
- Land loss, exacerbated by climate threats, will be a key conflict driver
- Climate threats will affect the overall resilience of displaced communities
- Frequent adverse weather events pose a major long-term threat to national governance and security
- Strategic assets in the BoB region are highly vulnerable to climate threats
This description was excerpted from planetarysecurityinitiative.org.