Weathering Risk: From Risk to Resilience | BCSC 2022
Weathering Risk united down-scaled climate impact data an localised conflict analysis, tools and trainings grounded in foucsed climate security risk assessments. With these, it facilitates risk-informed planning, enhances capacity for action and improves operational responses that promote climate resilience and peace. Through examples from the Pacific to Africa, panelists explored how better climate security risk assessments can provide concrete entry points for planning and action, challenges and limitations and potentials for scaling up.
- Janel B. Galvanek, Head of Department, General Regional Peace Support, Berghof Foundation
- Sibi Lawson-Marriott, Senior Regional Adviser, Food Systems (Climate Action, Resilient Livelihoods, Gender Equality), WFP Regional Bureau for East and Central Africa
- Chitra Nagarajan, Weathering Risk Research Lead Mali, adelphi
- Lukas Rüttinger, Senior Advisor, adelphi
- Ashraf Usman, Conflict and Political Economy Specialist, UNDP, Nigeria
- Ottilia Anna Maunganidze, Head of Special Projects - Office of the Executive Director, Institute for Security Studies