This report offers
- a literature review covering the major scholarship on the links between climate change and violent conflict;
- in-depth case studies on climate-security dynamics in Bangladesh and Nigeria; and
- cross-cutting conclusions and recommendations for the UN system.
The main cross-cutting recommendations are as follows:
- Analyse indirect impacts.
- Focus on governance, not just scarcity.
- Build up foresight capacities.
- Look for maladaptation and inequality.
- Adopt multi-scalar, cross-border responses.
- Build a common language for climate-security.
- Prioritise and bring climate-security into the broader climate discussion.
- Strengthen knowledge management and build an evidence base.
[This description was taken from the report’s homepage.]