The report was produced in close cooperation with six Colombian NGOs and National Parks. It analysed how the conflict developments after the signing of the Peace Accords drive deforestation and natural resource exploitation in the Amazon region, why the governmental responses were not able to resolve this multidimensional crisis, and how this threatens environmental defenders and local communities.
The panel presented and discussed the multidimensional roadmap of possible short- and long-term solutions, highlighting existing good practice of protecting people and ecosystems that needs to be strengthened. It also focused on the role that international actors can play to support this.
- Charlotte Penel, Research Associate, Alp Analytica
- Alexander Bocanegra, President, Indigenous Community San Vicente del Caguán
- Rodrigo Botero, Director, Fundación Conservación y Desarrollo Sostenible
- Juan Garzon, Research Associate, Fundación Ideas para la Paz
- Julia Gorricho, Project Manager South America, WWF Germany
- Lukas Rüttinger, Senior Advisor, adelphi