Interconnected Disaster Risks
The report analyses 10 interconnected disasters that took place in 2020/2021:
- Amazon Wildfires – Wildfires fueled by global appetite
- Arctic Heatwave – Spiraling into a climate disaster
- Beirut Explosion – When the global community abandons ship
- Central Viet Nam Floods – When being prepared is no longer enough
- Chinese Paddlefish Extinction – The fish that survived the dinosaur extinction but not humankind
- COVID-19 Pandemic – How a pandemic is showing us the value of biodiversity
- Cyclone Amphan – When a cyclone and a pandemic combine
- Desert Locust outbreak – How manageable risks spin out of control
- Great Barrier Reef bleaching – Losing more than a natural wonder
- Texas cold wave – A preventable catastrophe?
This description was excerpted from collections.unu.edu.