Climate Security: Building a Community of Practice
18 May 2021, 16:00-17:30 CET
What does climate security actually mean?
Climate security is a hot topic in defense, diplomacy, and development circles these days, from the UN Security Council to capitals around the world. This growing consensus that climate change is a geopolitical risk and instability accelerant is one thing, but it’s another to actually build climate security.
- Emma J. Whitaker/Eliot Levine, Peace & Conflict Technical Support Unit Advisors, Mercy Corps
- Janani Vivekananda, @JanVivekananda, Head of Programme Climate Diplomacy and Security, adelphi
- Dr. Florian Krampe, @FlorianKrampe, Senior Researcher and Director of the Climate Change and Risk Programme, SIRPI
- Catherine Wong, @CatherineWong01, Policy Specialist - Climate and Security Risk, Crisis Bureau/BPPS at UNDP
- Louise van Schaik, @LouiseVanSchaik, Head of Unit EU & Global Affairs/Senior Research Fellow, Clingendael
- Benedetta Berti-Alberti, @benedettabertiw, Head, Policy Planning, Office of the Secretary-General, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
More from the speakers
This description was excerpted from newamerica.org.