This session took place in form of a panel discussion. Through facilitated conversation, speakers outlined the imperative of systematic and joint multilateral action on climate, peace, and stability, and set out concrete steps to advance the climate security agenda. It set in motion a discussion process to engage multilateral actors around a shared climate security agenda that will be taken up at the 2022 Munich Security Conference.
- Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman, Munich Security Conference
- Heiko Maas, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Germany
- Benedetta Berti, Head of Policy Planning, Office of the Secretary General, NATO
- Inger Andersen, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Director of the UN Environment Programme
- Rosemary A. DiCarlo, Under-Secretary-General for Political and Peacebuilding Affairs, UN Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs
- Raychelle Omamo, Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs of Kenya